GENESEO, N.Y.— Ali Shawish (Lackawanna/Lackawanna) backed up his two goals from yesterday with a goal and an assist, while Andreas Queen (Stone Ridge/Rondout Valley) notched his eighth shutout of the season as visiting Buffalo State claimed a 2-0 victory over host Geneseo in SUNYAC action this afternoon.
FINAL SCORE: Buffalo State – 2, Geneseo - 0
LOCATION: Geneseo, N.Y.
RECORDS: Buffalo State (11-2/4-2), Geneseo (5-7-1/1-4-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Buffalo State opened the scoring in the 24th minute as Badi Smith (Albany/Albany) tallied his first collegiate goal with a header from the six yard line off a corner kick from Shawish.
- Geneseo had three scoring opportunities in the final 15 minutes of the first half but failed to cut into the deficit as the score remained 1-0 at halftime.
- The Bengals remained in control in the second stanza and finally iced the game in the 84th minute as Theo Pencic (Oslo, Norway) slid a pass through the right side to Shawish who buried his eighth goal of the season into the far post.
- Buffalo State outshot the Knights 11-8 for the game, including 7-2 on goal.
- Queen needed to make just two saves to complete his second shutout of the weekend.
FOR THE FOES
- Will Price made five saves in the loss for Geneseo.
- Senior Andreas Queen has tallied 24 career shutouts and is now only two away from breaking his own record for shutouts in a season, which he set in 2017.
Buffalo State will host Fredonia in a "Battle by the Lake" contest next Saturday at 4 p.m.