• Score: #7 Johns Hopkins-1, Muhlenberg-0
• Records: JHU (9-2-0, 3-1-0 CC) • MC (6-3-2, 0-3-1 CC)
• Location: Baltimore, MD • Homewood Field
• The Short Story: Senior Achim Younker scored the game's only goal in the 70th minute to lead the seventh-ranked Johns Hopkins men's soccer team to a 1-0 win over visiting Muhlenberg Saturday afternoon.
How it Happened
• Younker nearly put the Blue Jays on top in the 40th minute with a little flick off a pass from junior Pablo Martinez, but Raymond Leto was there to smother the shot.
• Junior Julito Quintana played a long ball over the Mules' defense to classmate Nate Charendoff. He let the ball bounce once and then crossed it through the box, where Younker ran onto it and one-timed a shot inside the left post to stake Hopkins to the 1-0 lead.
• Less than two minutes later, Muhlenberg had three quick shots off a corner kick. The first hit the post and the two subsequent shots were blocked by the defense before it was cleared away. In the 77th minute, Brandin Osborne had a point-blank header that was saved by junior Xander LeFevre to keep the Mules off the board.
What it Means
• Hopkins improves to 20-12-4 all-time against Muhlenberg and has won four straight in the series. The last three meetings have all been one-goal games.
Inside the Box Score
• Younker's goal is the eighth game-winner of his career, which is tied for ninth in program history. He is also now tied for 12th with 27 career goals.
• LeFevre finished with five saves to earn his fourth shutout of the season and 10th of his career. Raymond made one save in the loss.
• Hopkins outshot Muhlenberg, 20-6, while the Mules had a 5-3 advantage in corners.
• Hopkins returns to action on Saturday, October 12 as the Blue Jays travel to Lancaster, PA to take on fourth-ranked Franklin & Marshall. The Centennial Conference contest is slated for a 1:00 pm start.