• Score: #7 Johns Hopkins-3, Washington College-0
• Records: JHU (8-2-0, 2-1-0 CC) • WC (5-4-1, 0-2-1 CC)
• Location: Chestertown, MD • Roy Kirby Jr. Stadium
• The Short Story: The seventh-ranked Johns Hopkins men's soccer team posted its third shutout of the season in a 3-0 win at Washington College Wednesday afternoon.
How it Happened
• Hopkins wasted little time in getting on the scoreboard as the Blue Jays took the lead in the 10th minute. An attempted clear by a Washington College defender went right to junior Alejandro Maclean, who took one touch and then volleyed past Gavin Campbell from 30 yards out.
• In the 22nd minute, junior Xander LeFevre made a save on a James Strine free kick to keep the Blue Jays on top.
• The Blue Jays struck early in the second half to push their lead to two. Junior Pablo Martinez fired a shot from the top of the box that was blocked, but freshman Axel Whamond one-timed the rebound past Campbell in the 57th minute. LeFevre made his second save of the afternoon on a low shot by Kyle Gaeffke in the 64th minute.
• Hopkins closed out the scoring in the 80th minute to take a 3-0 lead. Junior Nate Charendoff collected a deflected ball, crossed it into the box and senior Achim Younker redirected it inside the right post.
What it Means
• Hopkins improves to 48-25-2 all-time against Washington College and earns its fourth straight win in the series.
Inside the Box Score
• LeFevre made a pair of saves to earn his third shutout of the season and ninth of his career. Campbell did not make a save in the loss.
• Hopkins outshot Washington College, 9-7, while the Shoremen had a 6-2 edge in corners.
• Younker now ranks 14th in school history with 62 career points and tied for 16th with 26 goals.
• Hopkins is back at Homewood Field on Saturday, October 5 to host Muhlenberg. The Centennial Conference contest is slated for a 1:00 pm start.