BUFFALO, N.Y.— Buffalo State overcame an early 1-0 deficit by scoring two first-half goals and three second-half goals en route to a 5-1 victory over host D'Youville this evening, to extend its winning streak to three games.
FINAL SCORE: Buffalo State - 5, D'Youville - 1
LOCATION: Dobson Field – Buffalo, N.Y.
RECORDS: Buffalo State (3-3), D'Youville (3-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sarah Berlinger (Grand Island/Grand Island) and Kelli O'Donnell (Williamsville/O'Hara) each tallied their first career goals for the Bengals.
- Emma Boccolucci (W. Seneca/W. Seneca East) netted her first of the season, while Allie Reeds (E. Amherst/Williamsville South) and Alexis Hanson (New York/West Broward) scored their second and fourth of the season respectively.
- Hanson and Sophie Osmond (W. Seneca/W. Seneca West) also added assists for the Bengals.
- D'Youville jumped out to an early lead as it converted a penalty kick in the eighth minute to give the Spartans a 1-0 lead.
- Buffalo State responded by converting its own penalty kick courtesy of Reeds in the 25th minute to even the score.
- The Bengals captured its first lead of the contest as Berlinger finished off a cross from Hanson in the 40th minute to give Buffalo State a 2-1 lead at halftime that it would never relinquish.
- Buffalo State outshot the Spartans 12-3 in the second half and were rewarded with three goals to push the lead to 5-1.
- Boccolucci started off the scoring in the 77th minute with a breakaway goal, followed by Hanson in the 81st minute with a diving volley off a pass from outside of the box, and finally a goal off of a penalty kick from O'Donnell in the 86th minute.
- The Bengals outshot D'Youville 18-9, including 13-3 in shots on goal.
- Taylor Carillo finished with one save in just over 81 minutes in net, while Isabella Vene (Deer Park/Deer Park) matched her one save in just under nine minutes of work.
FOR THE FOES
- Marina Campbell scored the lone goal for the Spartans, while Laurie Poeller finished with eight saves in the net for D'Youville.
Buffalo State returns to the pitch on Saturday as it travels to Cleveland, OH to compete against John Carroll at 1 p.m.