Providence, R.I.–Senior midfielder Stephanie Ricci (Smithfield, RI) scored the lone goal as the Rhode Island College women's soccer team fell at Framingham State, 2-1, in a non-conference contest on Wednesday afternoon.
Rhode Island College 1, Framingham State 2
(Rhode Island College 2-4)
(Framingham State 2-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Framingham State got on the board first when they capitalized on a failed clear by the RIC defense. Senior midfielder Kaelen Larocque (Upton, MA) then scored an unassisted goal for the 1-0 lead in the 30th minute.
• RIC knotted the game at the 39:35 mark after senior midfielder Stephanie Ricci (Smithfield, RI) took a Framingham State turnover and went on a breakaway. Ricci then buried a shot into the corner of the net for the 1-1 tie.
• Framingham State regained the lead in the 42nd minute when Larocque put in a pass from sophomore midfielder Cailtyn Our (Barnstable, MA) to send the Rams up, 2-1, heading into halftime.
• The two teams battled through a scoreless second half as Framingham State took the 2-1 victory.
• RIC sophomore goalkeeper Erica Edwards (North Kingstown, RI) made 10 saves in the setback for the Anchorwomen.
• Junior goalkeeper Kirsten Hansen (Framingham, MA) notched three stops for Framingham State in the victory.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Framingham State outshot RIC by a 25-8 margin.
• Each team notched five corner kicks in the contest.