Bridgewater, Mass.-The Rhode Island College women's soccer team dropped a, 5-0, decision at Bridgewater State on Wednesday evening.
Rhode Island College 0, Bridgewater State 5
(Rhode Island College 1-3)
(Bridgewater State 2-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Bridgewater State scored the only goal they would need at the 16:54 mark of the first half when sophomore midfielder Tess Nagle (Pembroke, MA) put in a pass from sophomore forward Alana Vincent (Taunton, MA).
• The Bears added another goal in the 34th minute when senior midfielder Nicole Simas (Dartmouth, MA) headed in a shot after a crossing pass from junior forward Taylor Loyd (Halifax, MA) to take the 2-0 lead heading into halftime.
• Bridgewater State tacked on three goals from three different scorers in the second half, outshooting the Anchorwomen by a 12-2 margin in the stanza en route to the 5-0 victory.
• RIC freshman goalkeeper Carissa Gaglione (West Warwick, RI) made five saves in the loss (1-2), while senior goalkeeper Lauren DeSousa (Taunton, MA) posted five stops in the shutout for the hosts.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Bridgewater State outshot the Anchorwomen by a 23-8 margin.
• The Bears also held the advantage in corner kicks, 6-1.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will open up Little East Conference play at home vs. Eastern Connecticut on Saturday, Sept. 16 (1 p.m.).